Sunday 13 March 2011

You must be Jokaering?

The Grey Knight Codex was leaked quite some time ago now, which was useful for all the Internet rage nerds to get a heads up on what to whinge about come April. My interest was more focused, I have had a hankering for an Inquisition force of late and the new codex might well offer me a chance to field one. So naturally I turn to the Inquisitorial henchman and sit down for a light perusal of what might be available to me should I choose to take the dive… and that’s when I discovered the gem that is the Jokaero Weapon smith. Being too young for rogue trader era stuff I had no idea what a “Jokaero” was but when I found out it was like being hit by a ten-ton truck of pure awesome.

Its a fucking space ape! …Apparently in the 40k universe orangutans have a bit of a penchant for firearms and don't mind helping you out as long as you got the bananas.

Could this actually be happening? Is GW really going to allow the eldritch and puritanical Grey Knight force to employ Dr Zaius to fiddle with their guns? I could imagine a few a slack jaws if they did. Surely there will just be a complete reworking of the Jokaero, they will become some sort of other, less comical, species. GW have reworked fluff before, and the Jokaero have been long since forgotten in the ever churning foundry of rule book updates and codex reworks. But my god if they were to keep them as orangutans… well I think I might rediscover my love for this hobby all over again.

And thats when I found this.

Feast your eyes on the new Jokaero Weapon smith. I will be fielding three.

No comments:

Post a Comment